Dhrti focuses to maintain the traditional yoga and its special feature of practicing Surya Namaskar with Mantras and Aditya Hridyam.
With sankalpa/resolution and samarpan/ surrender, the practitioners work their way out to achieve 108 rounds of Surya Namaskar. Beginning with 3 to 6 rounds, sincerely practicing with complete devotion and without getting out of breath the practitioners achieve their resolve.
Surya Namaskar is offering your devotion to the Sun God where a particular breath pattern is followed, and the performance is deeply enhanced with mantra chanting.
Surya Namaskar with Pranawa (AUM), the beeja mantra (Hram, Hrim, etc..) the Surya Mantra are complementary to one another and energizes different chakras in each posture.
The Aditya Hridayam, is a hymn associated with the Surya, recited by the great sage Agastya to Rama on the battlefield before fighting with Ravana. This historic hymn starts at the beginning of the Battle with Ravana, when Lord Rama is fatigued and getting ready to fight. The mystical hymn is directed to the Sun God, the illustrious lord of all victories.
Once familiar with the movements, the practitioner starts getting better and better, feeling comfortable with all the steps, getting more graceful, the entire sequence looks like a seamless dance.
SURYA NAMASKAR MANTRA
hiranmayena patrena satyasyapihitam mukham |
tat tvam pusannapavrnu satyadharmaya drstaye
The effulgent form of the Lord, who is present (even) in the solar orb and is of complete auspicious qualities, is concealed from my vision; O Complete One, I pray to thee that thou mayest disclose thine form (which I otherwise would never be able to see) to me, thy devotee.
1. Aum Hraam Mitraya namah (Friend of all – Anahata- Heart Center)
2. Aum Hreem Ravaye namah (The shining one – Vishuddhi-Throat Center)
3. Aum Hroom Sooryaya namah (The active one- Swadhistana- Navel Center)
4. Aum Hraim Bhaanave namah (The one who illuminates- Ajna– Brow center)
5. Aum Hraum Khagaaya namah(The one who moves in the sky-Vishuddhi-Throat Center)
6. Aum Hrah Pooshne namah(Strength/will power-Manipura- Solar Plexus Center)
7. Aum Hraam Hiranyagarbhaaya namah (Golden cosmic self-Swadhistana- Navel Center)
8. Aum Hreem Mareecye namah (Rays of Sun-Vishuddhi–Throat Center)
9. Aum Hroom Aadityaaya namah(Son of Aditi-Ajna– Brow Center)
10. Aum Hraim Savitrye namah (stimulation power of sun-Swadhistana-Navel Center)
11. Aum Hraum Arkaya namah(one who is fit for please-Vishuddhi-Throat Center)
12 Aum Hrah Bhaskaraya Namah(leading to enlightenment–Anahata-Heart Center)